A downloadable game for Windows
Show those viruses who's boss!
System Recovery gives you the chance to fight back
Infected computers are for people who don't have Virus Exterminating Drones.
Get your share of malware-busting action in this top-down view arcade shooter!
- 'Roguelite' Career mode
Fight your way through increasingly difficult randomly generated missions and upgrade your base of operations
Try HARDCORE mode for a true Roguelike experience!
- Survival 'ddos' missions
Beat waves of viruses and take on challenges to prove your worth against the ever-so-threatening virus menace
- Level editor
Build your own challenging missions and share them with friends and community
- Story missions & Multiplayer
The multiplayer aspect of the game is currently in a testing state.
Story missions will be unlockable by reaching a certain level in career mode.
Questions & Answers
- What is System Recovery?
System Recovery is a top-down view arcade style shooter with a computer virus theme.
- Is it a complete game?
Not yet. The game is currently in BETA early access state with most of the core elements already present.
- What features are still missing?
- Multiplayer mode (though already available for testing)
- Some of the content
- User-friendly ingame level editor, replacing the clunky existing one
- Character customization beyond coloring
- When will the game be complete?
Note: The game is already a fair image of its final state.
The road to completion will consist of regular content updates in the following months.
- Who is developing System Recovery?
System Recovery is created by indie developer Daniel Karsai under the name of "Takka Takka Software".
- Does the game have controller support?
Yes! The game supports DirectInput controllers (Many XInput controllers also support DirectInput). Note that the names ingame will reflect parts of the xbox controller. (ie, PS controller's circle may be referred to as "button B", etc)
- What game modes of multiplayer will there be?
The intention is to have a multiplayer version of all existing singleplayer modes (as co-op) and some classic multiplayer ones such as Deathmatch and Capture the flag. Unique modes are definitely being thought about, but the interest of the community plays a huge role in just how far the multiplayer will go.
- Is the multiplayer local or over the network?
Currently the game supports over-the-network sessions only, but local co-op is a possibility.
These are merely rough estimates!
- Operating System: Windows, Must be able to run Java version 7. (Linux and Mac versions are a possibility in the future)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 2 GB (XP) / 3GB (Vista and up) RAM
- Hard disk space: 1 GB free
- Video memory: 256 MB
- Video card: AMD/ATI Radeon 9500, NVIDIA GeForce 5 FX, Intel GMA 4500, or better, supporting OpenGL 2.0 or better
- Peripherals: Keyboard and mouse
E-Mail: systemrecoverygame at gmail dot com
Press kit: http://takkatakka.net/press
|Published||Jun 19, 2015|
|Tags||Arcade, Difficult, Fast-Paced, Level Editor, Multiplayer, Roguelike, Top-Down, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.49 USD. You will get access to the following files: